This week I am so excited.
This week I am at the Montrose Christian Writer's Conference.
*insert GIANT squeal here*
Last year I was able to attend the Conference for the first time and it was amazing. I was so blessed by the workshops, sessions, and people. I was so encouraged for my book.
But then I got home. And I was still excited. I wrote 2 chapters on my book.
Then life hit me and I stopped writing. I was writing a lot more for my job and when I was done with articles, I was honestly tired of writing.
And I was scared. So scared. The words I write are going to impact young women forever.
FOREVER.
So here I am again, at the writer's conference, for the second year, attempting to pick back up my book. I've made some goals. I'm hoping to stick to them. It would be nice if I could get my manuscript sent out by January 2013.
BUT all that aside. I LOVE this place. I forgot how much I love it here. This place rejuvenates me. It energizes me. It relaxes me. Add to that my cousin Juli, my close friend Amy, 2 more friends Janelle & Olivia and this is shaping up to be the best week of my summer. I love being together as writers & helping sharpen each other. I love being together as women, talking, laughing, and sharing.
I needed this. My heart needed this. It's so AWESOME how God brings you to places in your life to show you that He knows what He is doing and that He is on top of things. A lot of things happened the week before the conference that were shaping up to be events that could keep me at home. But God worked everything together for good & He got me here. I am SO thankful to Him for that. Man I love how He blesses me.
I'm excited to see who else and what else God has in store for me this week.
Monday, July 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment