A whole month & 8 days late, I am updating on my 2010 resolutions & making 2011 resolutions. Last year, I wrote this post. Now, a year later (plus 39 days) I reflect,
Resolution #1: I only completely finished 1 of the 6 books. I am halfway through 4 of them & haven't even picked up 1 of them. I did, however, purchase & read a new book, I Will Carry You by Angie Smith, of which was not on the list. Ah, well. I am pleased with how I handled this resolution.
Resolution #2: I did indeed spend much more quality fun time with Liese this year. However, occasionally I still thought of what occurred in 08/09 but did not let it affect time with my daughter. I am VERY pleased with this one.
Resolution #3: I took the Screenwriting course, paid it off, completed it & got an A. It however, did NOT up my GPA as much as I thought it would. All because of 1 little C in 1 little class. I am pleased with completing the online course, it was a lot of fun. It was nice to do school work again.
Resolution #4: I didn't apply to any colleges because I realized after taking ^ course & it didn't bring up my GPA enough, I have to retake the class I have a C in & bring it to an A in order for my GPA to increase in any significance. I feel fairly neutral to this one.
Resolution #5: Same story, no point in applying for financial aid if I didn't apply to colleges because of my GPA. Feeling is neutral.
Resolution #6: Ah yes, this one never actually existed. My caseworker from the labor department was not telling me the whole truth about what they pay you to go back to school (let's just say they do NOT cover your entire bill after financial aid). In fact, I found out I wasn't eligible period for the funding from the labor department. Paperwork was not needed. Neutral again.
Resolution #7: (This is ridiculous, I really made this many?) I didn't start at either school for Journalism in the Fall, again for the same reason. Neutral, I wish I was back in school right now.
And finally, Resolution #8: I didn't improve my Daily Walk with Jesus to every day. I got it to once a week. Not so pleased about this one, especially because I find myself realizing I barely remembered making this resolution.
In light of the above, I resolute to do the following in the year 2011:
1. Take Spanish 1 (again) in the Fall of 2011 with a friend & receive an A.
2. Finish the 4 books that I am halfway through reading.
3. Become incorporated for my women's home ministry.
4. Improve my relationship with my Savior & my reliance on Him.
5. Successfully potty train my daughter.
3 less than last year. Doing better already I'd say.
Night all ;)
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment