I'm going to complain, rant, whine, gripe, whatever you choose to call it, I'm going to do it. Just for a moment.
I realize I haven't updated on our room remodel & I suppose, after yesterday, that it's sort of a good thing? Yes, that's a question. I'm unsure. I have pictures of all the stages. Our room was almost all done. Just a few things left to do & yesterday happened. Oh, yesterday. How shall I forgive thee? Or . . . thank thee?
Let me explain. The only way our room would flow in the best furniture way possible was if my new-to-me bed was against the heater. (Do you know where I'm going with this already?) My dad advised against it, I did it anyway. Woe is my foolishenss. For quite some time now, the heat has had a "funny" smell to it. Mhm. I kept looking around & making sure nothing was right up against the heater & occasionally, I would notice that the fabric that is on the underside of my box springs had come away from it & was slowly shredding itself to the floor. I assumed it was simply from the heat what with the heater being right there, literally right there. I kept saying to myself (for 4 months) that I would turn the box springs around so that the end where the fabric was all neatly stapled to the board would be next to the heater. Last night, when changing sheets on our beds, I decided it was simply the perfect time to switch the box springs around, all by myself. Mhm. Well, much to my dismay & surprise, when I lifted up my box springs, the "slowly shredding itself to the floor" was more like, "quickly being singed & burned off". Mhm. You read that right. Honest to goodness, no dramatizing, my daughter & I are lucky to be alive at this moment. The fabric was being burned by the heater then falling down to the items under my bed. All of which are carboard boxes with papers inside. At one point, I found that one of my reusable shopping bags had several holes in it as it had been burnt, singed & fallen off as well. Seriously, it was a hotbed (yup, I just said that) of fire tender. It was a fire just waiting to happen. I couldn't believe the damage.
Now, all of that cleaned up, I have to completely rearrange our room. Our room is utterly crazy right now, her bed is piled up with stuff, my bed is shoved against her dresser, my dresser is shoved up against our closet. It's insane. Right now, we're both sleeping downstairs. I do not have the energy to rearrange the whole room (which includes moving all the decorations I've hung on the walls). Regardless though, it has to be done. Hence my whining. I am glad though that we found out now before a fire. Thank God.
Something I hadn't written about because it happened so quickly was a medical "procedure." If you can even call it that. I had a lump on my neck & went to get it checked. The doctor said it was a sebaceous cyst & would most likely disappear with a warm, wet washcloth. After 4 days of attempting the warm, wet washcloth technique, it wasn't gone. So I had it removed. Mostly because if it gets infected, long story short, it can be cancerous. I went to the office & it was supposed to only take 15 minutes & 2 stitches. It took an hour because it was deeper & bigger than he thought. He also couldn't locate it for the first 20 minutes. It also took 6 stitches. He said he wasn't sure if he got all of it. After the lab reports came back, there wasn't a final diagnosis on what it was. After about a month, it seems as though I need to get it checked, again. What we originally thought was scar tissue buildup has grown considerably in size & doesn't feel like scar tissue. It's also too big for scar tissue. I'm calling tomorrow to find out when I can be seen. I'm pretty nervous, I'm unsure of what it is & I really don't want to go through it again. The procedure was fairly painful. Hence my whining. I'd appreciate some prayer.
So just for a moment, I ranted or perhaps, rambled. Whatever it was, my spirits are lifted. I was able to talk to my best guy friend tonight. He always cheers me up, even when he doesn't know it. It was really good to talk with him again. We had been distant for about a year due to (in my opinion) his girlfriend. It's nice to have him back & his support. He has no idea how much I cherish our friendship & his honesty.
Night all ;)
Friday, February 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment