Past Reflections


Sunday, April 18, 2010

Follow Up

A friend from church today reminded me of my blog. Not that she was informing me I hadn't written in a while, but after she mentioned it I realized I hadn't written in quite some time. I feel as though life has gotten away from me. It's been busy and I've been occupying myself with my daughter and my father who recently had a bad case of shingles. I'm back, momentarily, and I want to update.

I did speak in church. I was nervous and actually shaking before I went up but that is because I didn't want to mess up what I was saying. It was a morning of testimonies, 2 individuals and 1 couple. I went second and was grateful for it. I was able to listen to the first one and forget about my nerves. Unfortunately, the song I had chosen for us to sing before my testimony is emotional and I started crying. I couldn't even sing it because every time I opened my mouth to sing the words, tears came. I was able to keep within the time limit of 5-10 minutes, Praise the Lord for that and I was able to speak clearly. I did cry but I did not blubber. My soul felt lifted when I shared my testimony. After the service was over, Pastor had us stand in the foyer so people could come speak to us. That was a wonderful time. I even had some people share with me that they knew someone I could help. Oh, what a blessing if I could. I am currently helping a friend of mine but she is already on track with God so it's simply a matter of helping her with the emotions of this situation. It was such a wonderful morning service and I thank God that our church had the opportunity to do it. I hope that someday in the future we could do it again with 3 different testimonies. How cool that would be. God really spoke through me that day and it would be great to see him speak through others in the future.

Our church has also been able to finally start a college and career singles group (name pending). It is a group for out of high school unmarried young adults. We get together on Friday nights to give an option other than bars and parties for young adults. We have discussion time of whatever happens to be on our hearts or hot button topics. Pretty much stuff that affects us as Christian young people in the world today, what we struggle with. We chat, we eat (of course) and we play games. We had our first "fun" activity a few weeks ago which was a scavenger hunt involving cars and then a bonfire. It was the kickoff to the group and it went really well. We average about 10 people each night, I am confident in the Lord that this will grow and flourish. I am hoping we can truly be an outreach to sister churches and the community of Cortland and even beyond. I have such a heart for young people both teenagers and my age because of my situation. And unfortunately,  young adults fall prey to an ungodly lifestlyle due to our area. There is a severe lack of fun and friends for young adults beyond the bar and party scene.

My sister-in-law is here for the week with my 2 nephews. Liese really enjoys them. It should be a good time for family fun and relaxation especially for us mommas as we pass off our children. I may not be on much this week but after that I should be catching up on blogs and catching up on my own.

I want to leave you with the words to the song I chose for my testimony:
Wonderful, merciful Savior

Precious Redeemer and Friend

Who would have thought that a Lamb

Could rescue the souls of men

Oh you rescue the souls of men



Counselor, Comforter, Keeper

Spirit we long to embrace

You offer hope when our hearts have

Hopelessly lost the way

Oh, we've hopelessly lost the way

You are the One that we praise

You are the One we adore

You give the healing and grace

Our hearts always hunger for

Oh, our hearts always hunger for



Almighty, infinite Father

Faithfully loving Your own

Here in our weakness You find us

Falling before Your throne

Oh, we're falling before Your throne

2 comments:

  1. Amen, so glad you are back and will be on more here in the future...blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!

    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete