If you mean the "swept off my feet & knocked onto my butt, hard" sort of way, then yeah I've been swept off my feet, why not.
I'm overwhelmed today . . . & yesterday. Yesterday was a long day in & out of airports, on & off of planes, by myself, with Liese, trying to lug a stroller, rolling suitcase, diaper bag, laptop case, & 2 coats. Several people offered help after they saw a bit of drama occur at the initial airport. There were some delays that made it more frustrating. We were on tiny planes both times. While I would be walking pushing the stroller with Liese in it with one hand, pulling the suitcase behind me in the other, straddling the laptop case & diaper bag over my shoulder & holding the coats over the handles of the stroller, I would see other women with babies only they had a husband to help them. They were simply carrying the baby while the husband juggled the rest. The more couples I saw the more angry & frustrated I became. It just kept building. Then to top it all off, that night I decided to watch a sappy, true love, swept off your feet movie. BIG mistake. Whenever I read someone's love story or watch a movie that isn't a corny romance, I get a little bit depressed. Well, make that downright dismally depressed. After it was over & of course, it was a happy ending, I didn't feel the same happiness. I laid down to fall asleep only to feel sweeping overwhelmingness. I could see my daughter from where I was laying & watched her sleep peacefully & couldn't help but be even more sad. My thoughts started going crazy & emotions overcame me. I was sad about everything. I felt intense guilt because I felt like I brought this whole awful situation on my daughter. I dread having to tell her about this someday. I wish I didn't have to. I wish I could have made it work with her father. I wish he wasn't the person he is. But then again, I'm so glad he's not in her life to do the same emotional pain to her that he inflicted on me. *Sigh* Somehow this carried over into today. Perhaps because I didn't go to sleep in prayer like usual.
I'm feeling really emotionally beat down & overwhelmed as a mom, a daughter, a human being in general, & EXTREMELY overwhelmed as a Christian. Satan is certainly waging his war today. Plus bills feel like they are looming, money seems slim (a whopping 11 bucks in the bank today to get diapers, yogurt & soup to get us by till support arrives, good thing we didn't need gas), homework to complete, taxes to file, boxes to pack, cleaning to be done, towels to be laundered, toys to be disinfected, groceries to be purchased, sleep to be had & not to mention another constipated little girl to be relieved.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I just wanted to give you a BIG hug!! Beauty from Ashes is the ...right name for your blog b/c it will reminded you how far he has brought you. Your daughter will also have this story someday to follow and see her mom loving the Heavenly Father. God has great plans for you girl...he never gave up on you. He has made you incredibly unique and wonderful. You are willing to dig in and work hard and not afraid to express your unique individuality. God has taken your mistakes and used them to change you but he will also use them to touch others lives. We are all messy people with a great God. Your other Mom loves you!!
ReplyDeleteSweetie I wish I was there so you could cry on my shoulder...I don't exactly know your story but I can imagine..God is here for you just lean on Him and He will be your strength...Our God is So capable of handling life's messes..so let Him take over for awhile...you rest sweetie! I will be keeping you in my prayers, okay! God bless and Happy Blogging!
ReplyDeleteOh Kayli! As I read this post, my eyes were overwhelmed with tears!!! I can't even imagine going through what you are going through. I will tell you this, I grew up without a dad and the ONLY thing that got me through those years was my strong mom. She is my best friend. She will realize that your love covers more than anyone else. (beside Jesus of course). I know I haven't talked to you in forever but I am here for you. If you need anyhting please let me know. Sometime we should schedule a play date with Jeanne and Jaxon at our house! We would love to have you :-)
ReplyDelete(hugs)
ReplyDeleteOh Kayli...I have another friend in a similar situation, and my prayer for both of you is that you will rest in the comfort of God's arms and trust in His plan for you. It seems to me that He is already turning your hurt into good (you have a beautiful little girl who loves you!), and someday He will bring someone into your life who will love you and your daughter the way you deserve. Take heart, sweet sister. Our Father loves you beyond measure.