Past Reflections


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Blog Address Conundrum

Some of  you may have noticed (and some haven't) that my blog address seems to have nothing to do with my blog, at all. FMWTGP, yeah that makes a ton of sense. Well, originally my blog title started out as Finding My Way Through God's Plan. Hence, the FMWTGP address, yes sometimes I lack creativity. I changed the title recently to Beauty From Ashes. It is about the same idea, I'm finding my way through God's will for my life and working on becoming the person God wants me to be. I would like to change my address to something people can actually remember and something that makes sense. I could just make it beautyfromashes, but what happens when I want to change my blog title, again? So, here is where I need my readers' help. I need a new blog address and I am out of ideas (I've gone through a bunch, trust me). I need one that can be used consistently no matter how many times my blog title may change and one that people can remember, oh and one that makes SENSE. So bloggy friends, lend me your creativity and ideas!

9 comments:

  1. I actually like 'Beauty from Ashes'. After reading your headliner, I felt goose bumps all over. Remembering the Cinderella story (she was named Cinderella because of the "cinder" from the fireplace hence ashes) where she would lay in a bed of cinder/ashes after a long day of work. The story isn't just about a beautiful woman who finds true love but also about the beauty and kindess that remains inside of her after a long tough journey through devastation (her mother dying) and slavery (her stepmother and stepsisters putting her to work for them in her own house). I think that is a great title and I wouldn't change your headliner because it is GREAT! Stopping by from SITS! Have an awesome day & God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...Beauty from Ashes is perfect..I say stick with that one! Love your blog by the way...I will be back to read new posts and look around your blog...May God's face shine on you today and beyond... http://www.shananagins2468.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kayli...come on over to my blog...I have an award for you...The Happy 101 award...you deserve it! http://www.shananagins2468.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, it doesn't really matter what your blog address is because you can always google a blog by title and get the url anyway. My blog urls contain my blog name but the blogs themselves have different names. Your blog name is perfect, straight out of Isaiah, great book in the Bible.

    Enjoyed my visit, dropped in from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree... Beauty from Ashes title is what caught my attention. I love it! And it is an everlasting title, no need to change, even as seasons change, we are a constant work in progress in the hands of our Master. Ever striving, growing and becoming what he has intended for us to. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Beauty From Ashes. I've just bought a personal domain name to change my blogspot one and even if I change the name up again I think it will still work for me. Or I can change it again. Got to love the less than $10/yr names ;)

    Visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the title of your blog. And I agree with one of the others who commented...People can Google "Beauty from Ashes" and find your blog. My URL is my name, but my blog title doesn't have a lot to do with my name.

    Stopped by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I bought www.heatherlynne.ca (My name won't change ;) I have used it as a photography website, and now as the main spot for my blog... but it just redirects to http://heathernow.blogspot.com since heatherlynne was taken... so.. something with your name might work? :)

    ReplyDelete