Today, Analiese & I completed our first art project together. We made a poster about Growing Like Jesus, I got the idea from the MOPS MomSense magazine. In Luke 2:52 it says, "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men." This verse is about Jesus growing up. I changed the magazine's idea a little bit. We got a piece of posterboard, some stickers, a journal, and a small gift box to keep it all in (all items purchased at Target, mostly from their dollar wall). We wrote the verse on the top of the poster along with the title of Growing Like Jesus. Then we separated the posterboard into 4 sections. At the top of each section, we labeled them Growing My Brain, Growing My Body, Growing My Faith, and Giving to Others. Each time she does something in one of these areas, she will choose a sticker from our collection and put it in the corresponding section. For example, we are going to send out valentine's day cards from her and we will put a sticker in the Giving to Others section or if she puts some money in the collection plate, we will put a sticker in the Growing My Faith section. You get the idea. We divided her journal into 4 sections. Next to each sticker we will write a number. In her journal, in the corresponding section, we will write the number, the date of the activity & what she did. I want her to learn to journal & how important it is. I'm really excited for this project. I want to continue to do this as she gets older. I want to do one for each year, hopefully there will be enough room on the posterboard. As she gets older, she'll be able to contribute more. Be able to decorate the poster more, pick out more things for it, choose the activities she wants to do & eventually write the activities in the journal. If I have more kids, I would like to do the same for them (I know hopeful thinking). But this is really important & I want her to learn how important it is as she grows. It's a fairly easy & cheap project to start. I also think it's not that hard to follow up & do. It will give her a sense of accomplishment, she will see how far she has progressed & she will want to do more (that's the idea anyway).
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













I love that idea!!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a good idea!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great mom, seeking to show your daughter Jesus from the start! I love your idea! Analiese looks like she loves it too.
ReplyDeleteThanks mom! I'm glad you found my blog & are reading it now. I forgot to tell you our pictures of our activity were on facebook & my blog. She loved doing it & she stood so well in that chair, never fell or sat down once
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good art project!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting me on my SITS day!