Past Reflections


Saturday, November 21, 2009

Honesty Award

It's taken me awhile to do this but here I am, finally taking it on. My good friend & used to be teacher who I used to fondly call "Mom", gave me the Honest Scrap Award! Thanks mom for giving me the award & for still being involved in my life. I always enjoy reading your blog & keeping up with what you are doing & how the Lord is growing & challenging you. It's also nice & encouraging to know that you keep up with your writing, it inspires me to keep up with mine.

:)Here are the rules for the award:




1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.



My 10 Honest Things About Myself:



10. I have this obsession about my food. None of my food can be touching each other, otherwise I cannot eat it. For example, if I have chicken on my plate, mashed potatoes, & corn. If any of these touch each other, I freak out (on the inside) and cannot eat it. Even though there could be some of the chicken that wasn't touched by the potatoes, I feel as though somehow the untouched chicken part will be affected & no  longer taste the same.

9. Even though I love the city & always talk about eventually moving, maybe, someday & being on my own; whenever I go away I eventually miss family & home so much that I just can't wait to get home. So yes, I'm a homebody Mamma's girl who gets homesick EVERY TIME she is away from family.

8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE all things chocolate & even more so whenever I have it, I like to share it with my daughter.

7. I'm a total dork/goofball. I love to talk in silly voices, say silly things & do silly dance moves (I did this WAY BEFORE I had a child). I've been this way for, well ever since I've been born. Very few people have seen this full side of me, you may think you have because I'm a naturally fun, silly person, but seriously you have not seen it full blown unless you are an immediate family member. Best part, this side of me serves very well for making all sorts of wonderful memories with my daughter which include always being able to make her laugh. She thinks all these silly things are HILARIOUS. I indulge in the fact that I can make her laugh the most.

6. I am most likely obsessed with watching television such as: how i met your mother, the big bang theory, ncis, the new adventures of old christine, gary unmarried, criminal minds (LOVELOVE), community (NEWFAVE!!), the office, desperate housewives, ANTM. yeah it's that bad.

5. Speaking of televsion shows. I (as said above) LOVELOVE criminal minds. They observe people's behaviors. So much so that I have started observing people's behaviors, see if I can figure things out. Oh but it gets worse. I feel as though I need to pay special attention to certain suspicious fishy people or situations i.e. clothes, eye color, hair color, height, license plate numbers, etc. because if some sort of crime were to be actually committed (cause so many occur in this here small area), then I could help the police by giving them the information I had gathered (in my head). I have tons of this type of information stored in my head just for the exact moment I see on the news that they are looking for any helpful information.

4. The laziness of this country drives me batty & I have to constantly hold my tongue especially in public. ( I mean seriously, you can't take the 2 seconds it takes to measure out the laundry detergent, & the 1 second it takes to throw in a dryer sheet with the load? You'd rather pay 8 bucks for approximately 20 loads. Seriously you're that lazy? Come on America!!)

3. I'm a 12 oz. well done steak, potatoes, & tall glass of coke kinda-gal. Seriously I have hankerings for that combination all the time & can finish the whole thing by myself. I love a good steak house.

2. I struggle to keep in my Daily Walk & to involve my daughter in my Quiet Time.

1. I wish everyday that I was a little bit better, smarter, more Faithful, more efficient; pretty much all the way around better at everything I do.


Blogs That Have Encouraged Me and Are Brilliant in Design and/or Content:



1. Kelli - Her 2 blogs, of everyday life with her kids, then her more serious, faith-focused, encourage me in both aspects.

2. cakewrecks.blogspot.com - When I need a little pick me up when I think about my shortcomings, I go to this blog to see that I'm not the only one who makes glaring mistakes. You'll laugh till you cry.

3. Kalyn - I realize she already got this award, but I enjoy reading about her faith & walk with God. Especiallly since we went to school together K-12 and of course rarely ever talked about it, it's nice to see this side of her & what she does now that high school (and college) have passed.

4. "Mom" - Of course, she is the one who gave me this award & she already received it but hey, like I said earlier her blog inspires me.

5. Shoulders - This is a ministry blog. They post discouraging situations of women and they want other women to comment on every post. After all, don't you feel less alone & more encouraged when you have even just one comment? It's a place to have people be there for you  & be there for others via the internet.

6. Bring the Rain - Angie has an incredible heartwarming inspiring blog here. She has an amazing story (that will make you cry, guaranteed). She has persevered & had AMAZING faith & been incredibly honest about all of it. Plus she has turned it into a huge ministry.

7. Oh Sugar! - I love to look at the different cakes she makes & also learn how she did it. She has a lot of tips & help for even the most beginner of cake makers.

So there it is.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award for Shoulders!!! That means a lot to me that you thought of us! We'd love to join in, but our blog isn't really a personal one...that is, not personal about us! Again, thanks for the award! It's the first one we've received, and it means the world to us. We're so thankful that you thought of us!

    Moderator of Shoulders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Really??? Cool beans! LOL! Now I just need a good 20 minutes to take care of this....I need to read again to know what I've got to do. This is Cool.. Thanks!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete