Past Reflections


Monday, October 19, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.





So here goes my first time. This is what I DID NOT do last week . . .

- I DID NOT give my daughter a pen to play with for the 2nd or 3rd time that week so I could quiet her down for another 10 or so minutes to finish what I was doing on the computer.

- I DID NOT interchange the pacifier and cheerios in my daughter's mouth during a wedding just so she would stay quiet during the ceremony and so I wouldn't have to miss the ceremony.

- I DID NOT wake my daughter up from her nap simply to feed her so I could have enough time to get ready for above mentioned wedding.

- I DID NOT drink endless amounts of cider at the again mentioned wedding knowing full well my daughter would have the runs for the next few days.

- I DID NOT put a movie in the laptop for my daughter to watch for the last 45 minutes of the drive home to keep her quiet and to avoid yet another stop.

- I DID NOT let my daughter suck on and eat the pumpkin innards when we were carving out her first pumpkin.

- I DID NOT let my daughter put a not-so-clean small flashlight (turned on) in her mouth so I could take pictures and I DID NOT laugh the whole time.

- I DID NOT sleep in until noon 2 mornings and I DID NOT let my daughter play next to me on the bed while I slept and I DID NOT nurse her to put her back to sleep when she started getting fussy and I DID NOT then go back to sleep as well.

- I DID NOT pay 12 bucks to get my eyebrows waxed just for above mentioned wedding when I could have simply tweezed them myself and I DID NOT have several opportunities to tweeze them.

- I DID NOT plop my 9 mo old daughter in front of a few toys and the television for over an hour so I could
clean what I should have cleaned when she was napping.

- I DID NOT cave in and buy additional enhanced pictures when picking up my daughter's 9 mo. pictures and I DID NOT slightly regret it after getting home.

- I DID NOT go crazy in Target and buy my daughter more unnecessary clothes because they were NOT "just too adorable" and I DID NOT buy myself another hat and glove set that I don't need.


Well, that's about it for what I didn't do last week.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! I just read your not me's and I have to laugh because all us moms, as much as we don't want to admit it, at so alike!! It's no wonder we can make friends so easily!! We all have a lot of the same experiences!! LOL!! I love it!! Thanks for the read! I may have to follow your blog now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did not also do many of these things for my daughter...wow we're all alike aren't we!

    ReplyDelete