Past Reflections


Friday, September 25, 2009

Time is a precious commodity, especially when the little one is napping

As my daughter takes her afternoon nap (and so does my dad) after her 9 month appointment, I sit here in a dilemma. I wonder whether I should attempt to take a nap as well (as Analiese hasn't been sleeping very well at night lately because of teething & waking up around 6:45am) or get some much needed work done. I am so extremely tired & would love to lay down on my comfy bed & snuggle under the warm blankets & (attempt) to give in to sleep. Especially because Analiese has decided that playtime is until midnight and waking up time is at 6:45 in the morning lately. I think to myself, you deserve it, you need sleep, otherwise how are you going to keep up with her when she is awake? But then, my mind floats upstairs to the wonderful unorganized slightly messy 2 rooms that Analiese and I inhabit. Oh boy, not to mention our bathroom. You see, Analiese and I sleep in same room but her clothes and various other things of hers are in the adjacent room. It wouldn't normally be such a protruding thought on my mind except for the fact that the new crib is done, finally done and her dresser/changing table is done. We are picking it up on Sunday and I have to make room for it. Now this crib, which is BEAUTIFUL, is handmade solid walnut hardwood (expensive too). I designed it and the dresser combo to match. I've been excited about this crib since I first thought of the idea of wanting it handmade just for Analiese. It has Analiese and a little bit of me written all over it (not literally). But of course this thing is about 10 times bigger than what we are currently using. Not to mention the fact that now I want her dresser in the room with us, so this means a major overhaul of the room and the furniture within. It is a lot of work and I have been slowly chipping away at it for the past week. But with a 9 month old who is very attention based, it's hard to do more than 30 minutes of work at a time or in one day. I have 2 days left to get everything ready (not to mention guessing at the dimensions and how things will balance in the room) for this beautiful piece and I am not even close.
I believe my mind was just made up for me, she is awake.

1 comment:

  1. See how that works?! LOL! Oh my goodness so many times I want to get something done, but I get totally side tracked because I'd rather be on my computer. Finally a blogging moment done without someone wanting my attention and they always wake up!

    ReplyDelete