Past Reflections


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Faith Like a Baby

What it must be like to be a baby. The thoughts, the newness, the excitement, the helplessness. I wish for one day I could be inside my daughter's head. What does she think when she plays, cries, looks and talks? I especially wish I could know when she furrows her brow. She gets so excited when she sees an animal. She stiffens up her body and starts squealing and yelling. She desperately tries to get the animal to come to her and stay but is almost never successful. She never gives up though. No matter how many times the animal doesn't look at her, walks away from her and doesn't let her near it; she never gives up. She has so much faith that eventually one of those several times, the animal will come near her long enough for her to touch it. She has so much faith in everything. She puts all of her trust in me. To soothe her when she is upset, to feed her when she is hungry, to hold her up while she plays, to give her what she needs, to protect her, to pick her up when she falls, to always be there for her no matter what. She is so completely trusting. She hasn't experienced a mother who fails her. All she knows is a person who is in her life 100% and has never left her. She has instilled within her a deep sense of trust and love, since day one.
I wish I could be more like her. God, since day one, instilled within me a deep sense of trust and love. I have never known anything but God loving me and being there for me. And yet, I still worry and try to take control. I have thoughts that He isn't there providing for me, taking care of me and protecting me. But He is, He is always there. He is always watching out for me and keeping His eyes on me. No matter how many times I don't put my trust in Him, He never fails. Never ceases to amaze me. He never leaves me and reminds me (constantly) of that. He is always showing me how He loves and cares for me. I wish that I could simply fall into His arms every moment and say I put every bit of my faith in You. It's something I need to work on, diligently. Because everytime I do so, He proves to me why I need to and everytime I don't, He proves to me why I need to. He is truly and simply amazing. He will never leave me nor forsake me. He does not put me through more trials than I can handle. He loves me so much that He died for me and all my past, present and future sins. That is plenty for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment