Today, I feel refreshed, rejuvenated, renewed, happy. Perhaps it's because I went to the salon today & was pampered. Perhaps it's because my daughter came with me to the salon & was pampered as well. Perhaps it's because I went through something this week that I've been through before & finally handled the situation in a mature manner. Perhaps it's because I've finally gotten smart about men, *cough* ahem, excuse me, boys because real men don't act like the ones I've encountered. Perhaps it's because I was reminded today why I'm doing what I'm doing & why I'm smarter about boys. Perhaps it's because my daughter gives me a reason to breathe some days . . .
. . . Or maybe it's all of those things. But most of all, I'm reminded of why I was put on this earth & what I've set out to do since 3 months before my daughter was born. I'm reminded, especially since I saw a double rainbow on my wonderful trip with the Radfords, of God's promises & his love. I'm reminded how He has truly taken care of me & my wonderful blessing. Sometimes, it's really hard for me to comprehend. But then I look at my daughter's sweet face & I get it, I just get it. Maybe it's easier because I'm a mom & as a mom you learn what it is to love like Christ. It's really nice to know & it gives me peace of mind.
I've been trying to apply two things to my life lately. One of them is, what am I doing with my body? Is what I do with my body for God or for myself? Whenever I do anything that has to do with my body ie. clothing, body language, I try to think on this. I want what I do with my body to be for God & pleasing of God not the other way around. The other of those being letting God fulfill my every need in every aspect of my life & lately, that has meant in the "man department". I have been trying to show myself or rather, let God show me that I don't need a man no matter what the circumstances. It's hard especially recently as I've been feeling lonely & as though it'll never happen due to the lack of good Godly men out there. I'm not saying I will never meet one, it's just how I've been feeling lately nor am I saying I never need a man but right now, I don't. Right now, I need to learn that I need God first. That I don't need some guy to rescue me from my "situation", mostly because God has already done that & I'm incredibly thankful that it was the Ultimate Man who did so.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I am now following you thanks to Friendly Friday Follow, and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
ReplyDeleteAlso today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday :) Plus, don't forget, if you need any help increasing your blog's traffic or easy blog design tutorials, you know where to come! Happy Friday!
This is an amazing post...again!! I wish more girls that have been in your situation had the ability to think about it as you do! God rescued you!! Gosh, i love that!!!!! You are truly amazing! check out my post for Monday, a little something for you :)
ReplyDeleteoh kayli!!! I"m glad i could cheer you up! hope everything is all right :)
ReplyDelete