Analiese's 1 1/2 Birthday was last month (at the time that I started writing this it was last month) (June 20, Father's Day, ironic no? A phone call from her father on Father's Day? Nope didn't happen, what a good dad father parent sperm donor (there's the word I'm looking for). Not to mention we can't call him cause oh, he turned off his phone & we have no way to reach him ). I started a tradition that we would celebrate half birthdays. Partially because she was born in the Winter & that means never being able to have a Summer outdoor birthday party & I want her to be able to have that. It's just a small party for immediate family members of which this year consisted of her grandparents since all her aunts & uncles live in different states (hopefully come her 2nd birthday that'll be different). We had a Toy Story theme because right now she is currently loving Toy Story & especially Woody, he's her pal.
For the birthday meal, we had some of Analiese's favorites: hamburgers, hot dogs, rolls, baked potatoes & Sprite. We cooked everything on the grill & ate outside under the gazebo tent on the deck.
I found the little Toy Story cupcake picks in Tops for her cake & used the leftovers to decorate our food & the table. I baked her a funfetti cake, same flavor I did for her half birthday last year (actually she got two cakes last year, one funfetti, one chocolate but that's a really long story) & vanilla frosting. I wanted to make the cake look like Andy's wallpaper so I dyed the frosting blue & was extremely happy with the results.
Overall, I'm really pleased with how the cake turned out. Another little tradition of mine is because her middle name is Starr, I make it a point for there to be a star somewhere on her cake. For her 1 month (I know, I get carried away, what can I say?) birthday it was chocolate/chocolate (which she never actually got a bite of, I just wanted to celebrate her!) with a simple red drawn star.
For her 6 month birthday, it was chocolate/white (which once again, she didn't get to eat, still being breastfed!) with an orange star candle. There will be no picutres of the second cake as that's not a memory we want to remember.
For her big 1 birthday, it was a chocolate/pink cupcake cake (she finally got to eat one!) with pink stars all over the top.
On her 1 1/2 birthday cake, Woody's cupcake pick is a star behind his face. That's a wrap-up of her cakes. I'll finish the rest of the 1 1/2 birthday story in part 2, right now, I'm going to bed.










No comments:
Post a Comment