Past Reflections


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Date with My Daughter

For Valentine's Day, I decided my daughter and I would go on a day date. We chose to go during the week however to avoid any crowds. I took her to the Virginia Beach Aquarium and Marine Science Center, lunch at Johnny Rocket's and a little shopping at the mall. She LOVED the aquarium. She waved at the fish and the turtles. She blew kisses at the sharks. Yup, you read that right, she blew kisses at the sharks in the BIG shark tank. She had a blast, as did I. I've never been to an aquarium so it was new to both of us. She ate chicken fingers and french fries at Johnny Rocket's and really enjoyed the music. We shopped a little and the Disney store was having a buy one plush, get one for free sale. So I let her pick out 2 Disney stuffed animals and we bought them. Pretty good deal if you ask me. She picked out Simba & Patch. Even though she's never seen either of those movies. Basically, it was a dog and a cat, lol. She fell asleep clutching them both in her stroller shortly after we bought them. It was a great day.

5 comments:

  1. Your daughter is SO beautiful, and it looks like you had the best Valentine's Day ever! You rock, mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that cute face! I'm glad you guys had a great day.
    Came over from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There! I'm back. I haven't been to your blog in a while, but by chance, SITS brought me back. You little lady is still looking as cute as ever. The hubby and our oldest are doing date night on Saturday. Glad you started a fun tradition already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome day you must have had!!! Please stop by my blog for a visit... I have a special badge for your blog. I love your blog and pray that God continues to bless you and your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete