Past Reflections


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Loving like Jesus, as a Mom

I always used to think of myself as someone who could love unconditionally. That no matter what my friends & family threw at me, I loved them just as much as I did previously. I still feel that way, only different. I'm finding that being a mother is teaching me how to truly love as Christ does. There are moments when she's upset with me when I've told her no or when she'd rather be snuggled & comforted by her grandma than by her own mother that I find hard. Of course I love her, no matter what. But it makes me sad & upset that she doesn't want me. Occasionally she pushes me away & it breaks my heart & I want her to know how I'm feeling. So when she does want me to get her, sometimes I shy away, I have this need to want her to know that she hurt my feelings so I'm not going to immediately come when she wants. But that's not right, my daughter needs to know that NO MATTER WHAT, I'm here for her, loving & supporting her. That I'm ready & willing to hold & comfort her. Just as Christ as done this with us & continues to do so. We do so many things that hurt Him & break His heart. We push him away & say that we can do it on our own. But when we turn back to Him, when we say, "I can't do it Lord, I need help & comfort" He does it, no questions asked. Why? Because He LOVES us, unconditionally, no strings attached, no matter what. WOW, to me that is amazing. We have that comfort in Him, that if we screw up or if we tell him to leave us alone, when we don't feel that way anymore, He welcomes us with open arms. Think how many times He did it for the Israelites. Think of how many times He's done it just for you. It's a struggle every day, but I'm learning how to TRULY love as Christ loves us. I'm realizing how He feels when we don't want Him or His help, how heartbreaking. Motherhood is not only teaching me how to love my daughter (and others) like Christ, but it is teaching me how to be a better servant of God, a more faithful follower of Jesus.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Kayli, I found you on SITS :) glad I did too, because this was a beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing that. Isn't it great to know of the Lords love for us. It's truly amazing!
    I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SITS. What a beautiful post. God is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping in from SITS! I was intrigued by the title of your blog and as I read your blog description and then your about me... well it moved me to tears. I have to say, you remind me much of myself. Without knowing you personally... I would say, we share the same story. I will be following your blog and praying that God continues to unveil all the blessings he has for you and your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Found you via SITS, and that is such a great message I need to hear over and over again. His love just seems so unbelievable that I often don't believe it, lol. But it is amazing when we let ourselves. I so admire your desire to be molded and used for Him. No better life! I'll be back again! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from SITS. I definetly need to be reminded how awesome he is and how much he loves us.

    Visit my blog to get your free copy of my latest e-book, The Short & Sweet Guide to Free Marketing for Mommy Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from SITS. I'm sorta new to the blogging world, and saw your comment about the "tribe".
    I think your blog is beautiful. God IS good. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from SITS. This is so beautiful and so true. So glad I found you! Following you now. Your sister in Christ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kayli, each day you amaze me more. I am reminded over and over again how God has used Analiese and continues to use her to create in you a beautiful child of God willing to do whatever he asks of you. You are and always will be my best friend. I love you always and look forward to hearing about how God continually works in your life and shines through you.
    love ya,
    ma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you on sits! I loved this post especially because I just spent last night typing up a letter I wrote to my baby boy before he was born. A baby is seriously a gift I don't know how to thank God for. It is amazing! Check me out: http://meredithtuttle.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete