My daughter & I are getting ready to go. This morning we'll be headed out out on the open snowy road down to Virginia! We're actually going to split it into 2 days because it's just too stressful for me to have us do the drive in one day when it's just the 2 of us. So, just about everything is packed up, waiting by the door because I'm dreading packing the car in the snow & cold. The little girl is still sleeping & hopefully the cold that was hitting her last night is gone via my attempts. We have our hotel reservation at the halfway point. We have everything set, almost. I just have to wake myself up & get going on finishing packing & getting myself ready.
We're going to be staying with my brother & his wife until March, I know super long vacation right? But that's how we do it when you're a single stay at home mommy who lives with your parents & there's no rent to pay. So, winter is over for us (yippee) & it'll be nice to get away & enjoy our mommy & daughter relationship & not focus on any stressors.
I just hope we hit Philly BEFORE the work traffic. Other than that the drive is fairly stress-free & I installed the new dvd player so she can watch her movies to her heart's content. (I never wanted to be one of those parents who put dvd players in the car for the kids for long trips, but I'm a single mom, what am I to do? I don't have anyone else to entertain her when she gets upset)
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment