Past Reflections


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Alone with My Thoughts

Tonight, I am down in the dumps. For only one reason. That reason being, Liese's father. His actions make me so upset. How can someone not care that he has a daughter out there, growing up without him? Some times I wish I could make him wake up & realize what he is missing. Most of the time though, I don't give him a second thought. But nights like tonight, where I'm alone with my thoughts, when I've had a good day with Liese, when I'm most vulnerable to Satan's attacks, I sink into a melancholy state. I hate sometimes that he is Liese's father. Because I love her SO incredibly much & it's hard to think that she came partly from him. It's hard to explain.
Satan can really work hard on Christians especially when you've had such a good day. For example, only 5 hours ago I posted this as my status on Facebook:

Liese just wrapped her lil arms around my neck, squeezed, gave me a big smooch & said "you're the best in the wide world" I love my life :D

Now, she is asleep, I am alone & he has attacked me. This single parenting thing is . . . rough sometimes. Nights like tonight make me think I cannot bear it one more second. But God gives me rest & I awake (usually) with renewed energy & spirit. He's always there, He's always on my side & He ALWAYS carries me through it.

It just takes me a little bit to remember that.

Night all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment