Past Reflections


Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer of Travels, or shall I say, Summer of Living out of a Suitcase

Last week Wednesday began my & Liese's Summer of Traveling. My parents got this crazy idea on Monday the 5th to be in Florida to help my Grandma this Summer, now this doesn't sound crazy does it? Well, they decided that the best time to go would be now, pretty much. We bought tickets & left on that Wednesday morning & by morning I mean 6am & by 6 I mean at the airport by 5 & by that I mean up by 4 & by THAT I mean I didn't get to bed until 2 because of all the packing & prep. We packed in a lot of Summer to do's before we left & I was exhausted come airport security time. Let me just say that I hate going through airport security because of all the rigamaroll but now that I have a child, I hate it even more. Not to mention, we brought Liese's talking Woody doll with us because well, she loves him like he's her buddy. He was in her carry-on bag & they had to take Woody out & scan & search him separately. No, I am not joking. Poor Woody. Her motion sensor light toy story bag also caused one of the attendants to come to the overhead storage compartments, pull it out & inspect it, oiy. We'll be here until Friday morning, & by morning I mean 7:50 & by that I mean at the airport by 6 (it's a MUCH bigger airport than home) & by that I mean leaving the house at 4:30 & by that I mean up by 3:30. Anyway, we're doing a lot while we're here. Garage sale so she can make some money plus Craigslist, cleaning thoroughly, repairing things, etc. Liese is having a good time especially in the pool although I'm pretty sure she has animal dander allergies from past run-ins with animals & it seems to have set in to her chest pretty good already. I've been giving her Claritin but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Would benadryl work better? Any tips out there for relieving what seems to be animal dander issues but the doctor won't do a definitive diagnosis yet because she is so young?

When we get home Friday afternoon, we have a little bit of down time except for the Singles group I'm helping lead. Saturday is a wedding, Sunday is a family reunion and Monday is my dreaded wisdom teeth removal surgery. Long story short, my bottom ones are coming in completely sideways (maybe if I get the time I can scan in & post my xray) which means I have to be put under via IV and be completely horizontal for at least 2 days, no taking care of baby. Hmm, that's going to work out well especially since my parents are leaving on the 21st to go on vacation & they can't leave any later. It's going to be interesting, if you think of it, pray for me & Liese that she will be very well behaved (like there is ever a time when she isn't, she's my angel child). Then that weekend I'm having a GIANT slumber party at my house for all my teenage girls. Right after that, Liese & I leave to see Shayne & Loralyn in Virginia Beach for a week then we go from there to Kure Beach, NC for 4 days. From there we go to Bethany Beach, Delaware for 2 days (tax free shopping :)) & then home (all of this we are doing via car). Once we're home, it's a few days to do laundry, clean & pack up to head out with Shayne & Loralyn (via car) to Colorado for 10 days to see Jeff & Rachel. Mom & Dad will be meeting us there. Along the way, we're going to do some sightseeing including St. Louis Arch. Then it's driving back to NY with more sightseeing this time with Mom, Dad, Shayne & Loralyn. After that, it's a few days to rest, clean, do laundry & pack and Liese & I will be off to see my wonderful friends (& parents) Amy & Kevin & their 2 kids in the Adirondacks for about a week. Hopefully after that, we'll squeeze in a visit to my good friends Matt & Joy down in PA for a few days.

Once all those are complete it should be September. Not that it matters much to me or Liese because she doesn't do school yet & I don't work.

I have a few pretty big decisions I need to make before the end of Summer & would appreciate some prayers on that.
Also, my brother Justin will be home from Iraq in a little over 2 weeks! We are all VERY excited & can't wait.

By the way, please go to my friend's blog & wish her a VERY HUGE Congrats because she is pregnant with their first baby & they've been trying for 4 years! I am so overwhelmed with happiness & excitement for her & know that she would appreciate more well wishes & prayers sent her way.

Really long, I know. I had lots to post. Remind me to do a catch up post about Liese's  1 1/2 Birthday Party & our Remodel Saga.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! What a busy summer!!!!! It sounds awesome - and tiring! But I am sure it will be one you will never forget!! I will def. keep you in prayer. I say, while you have the energy and desire to do it, go for it! I lived like that (the crazy schedule, traveling, etc) when I was single, and I was just reflecting yesterday that I was so glad I did!

    By the way...thanks so much for your comments! And for reading. You have no idea how it made my day! :) God bless and enjoy! (ps - Poor Woody!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting you (back) from NFF! As for allergies, our pedi recommends Zyrtec, 1/2 tsp daily for kids under 2...I'm no doctor but it works for us. Hope you find something that helps her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from NFF. Bless your heart, I'll say a prayer for you. Wisdom teeth are no fun.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound as busy as me! I'll "lend" you a child if you need more of a challenge ;) Maybe we'll get to see each other for a bit sometme. We haven't done anything in ages! Apparently I'm too old now to hang out with you! Hope you're feeling better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.citymuseum.org/home.asp

    ReplyDelete