Past Reflections


Thursday, June 17, 2010

Momma & Baby Room Remodel

Liese & I currently preside in the same room (as we live with my parents). This, I am okay with, it's been so long that I can't imagine her being more than a few feet away from me when we sleep let alone an entire wall and/or hallway separating us. However, when I returned from a year away at college to attend a local college, I decided to remodel my room. My room was pretty much just white walls and a blue carpet that is just not even right. My ceiling however is the coolest ceiling ever. In high school, 2 of my brothers, my dad & a friend painted my ceiling for me. I am now very appreciative of this ceiling because Liese REALLY enjoys it especially as she gets older. I am a HUGE Syracuse fan and that being said, I had this brilliant idea to do my room in Syracuse colors. I proceeded to paint my room in horizontal orange & white stripes along with black trim. I ALMOST did a blue SU sign on one of my walls but never got around to it & now I'm glad. So here is the best picture of what it looks like now (oh & in the picture are the beautious mirror closet doors that were put in at the same time I did the SU stripes. I didn't used to have closet doors & now I LOVE my mirror closet!)

The first one is my wonderful dad putting together the crib I designed for Liese. This one better shows the crazy stripes & a little of the blue carpet. In that second picture, you can see my wonderful mirror closet & also the cloud ceiling. What you can't see is the glow in the dark stars that hang from the ceiling on invisible string in different patterns
I really want to change our room. I can't describe how crazy the stripes make me feel especially with Liese in the room now. I'm leaving the ceiling, of course. But I want to change the walls, her bedding, my bedding & perhaps the trim. I found bedding that each of us can have that matches. I purchased the border that matches but am now worried that the border next to the ceiling will be crazy. I don't really want to put the border around the middle of the room but I may have to. Here are the beddings & the border:

The first one will be Liese's bedding, the second is mine only not a twin bed & the third is the wallpaper border. I want to paint the walls pink & white. I can't decide if I should paint the 2 smaller walls pink or the 2 bigger walls pink. I have the paint that I matched up at Home Depot. I also can't decide if this border & the cloud ceiling next to each other is too much.
I'm going to continue to post pictures of our room remodel as it progresses & continue to ask for your advice & opinions as we go.

4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful (the bedding). Stopping by from SITS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayli! I love the border!!!! It is so great! The bedding and everything adorable. It will look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I agree, the border and the cloud ceiling would be too much. Have you thought of running it along the bottom? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to stop by and say "THANKS" for coming by on my SITS day! Love the bedding you've picked for your room update. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete