Past Reflections


Saturday, January 9, 2010

Family Passing

This afternoon, my Great-Aunt, my mom's Aunt, my Grandma's sister, Joyce passed from lung cancer. It's been pretty hard on my Grandma, especially considering my Grandfather passed from lung cancer only a year & a half ago. Plus, they just found out she had lung cancer a week ago. My Grandma is having several health problems as well & this happening might send her into a downward spiral. My Grandfather's death from cancer is still pretty fresh for her.

My Great-Aunt was almost 80 years old, but she did not act or look it. She was in good health & good spirits. She could get around on her own, drive herself everywhere she needed to go & lived alone. Her husband passed almost 20 years ago & she has done quite well for herself as far as health & attitude. Recently, I had had a lot of interaction with her mainly because of my daughter. My Great-Aunt LOVED my daughter, she just thought she was the most beautiful, wonderful, happiest baby in the world. My daughter could ALWAYS light that woman's face up & make her look like she was only 60 years old again. I was hoping to be able to take my daughter to the hospital before she passed so that she could see her one last time but because of my sickness & bad snowy roads, it couldn't happen.

Please pray for my Grandma, my mom & all other family members. The services are going to be this weekend & a lot of family is coming together, I just hate the reason.

3 comments:

  1. praying for your fam.
    Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your Grandma's loss. That is very sad. I always think it will be such a hard thing to go thru the loss of all your friends as you age. Very sad times. Will keep your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete